accu-jet® pro Pipette ControllerPRINT PAGE
Product and ordering information for the accu-jet® pro pipette controller. Ergonomic design in an electronic pipette controller with speed control; available in 4 colors.
- Product No. & Specs
- Tech Info
- Accessories & Parts
The accu-jet® pro elevates pipette control to the next level. Its ergonomic grip works well with both small and large hands. The speed range dial lets you set maximum pipetting speed, while still retaining touch-sensitive, continuously adjustable speed control. Plus, it has an unparalleled soft blow-out control to minimize disturbance of cell pellets or density gradient interfaces.
- Its ergonomic design features a smoothly curved shape to eliminate pressure points for operator comfort; weighs only 6.7 oz.
- Pressure-sensitive buttons provide improved pipetting speed control, plus a motor-speed-limiter control thumbwheel adds extra assurance with pipettes as small as 0.1mL.
- LED charge indicator flashes when approximately 2 hours of pipetting time is left; instrument can be operated while charging.
- Long-life, environmentally-friendly NiMH battery supplies approximately 8 hours of continuous pipetting (with a 10mL pipette); special pulsed-mode charger eliminates "lazy battery effect".
The accu-jet® pro pipette controller is supplied with: wall support (gray), NiMH battery, two battery covers (one smooth, one ridged), two spare 0.2µm membrane filters (sterile*), charger (US plug models listed, others available), operating manual, and one year warranty.
*sterilized with ethylene oxide (EO)
What does the LED battery light on my accu-jet® pro tell me?
A flashing LED indicates the need for recharging. If the LED is off, the battery charge is sufficient. If the LED flashes slowly, remaining battery charge is sufficient for a maximum of two hours of pipetting but charging of battery is recommended. If the LED flashes quickly, finish pipetting activity and charge battery immediately.
Can I get a replacement battery and/or charger for my accu-jet® pro?
Yes. The catalog number for the replacement battery is 26630, and the charger (100-240V, w/US plug) is 26603.
What catalog numbers do I use to replace the 0.2µm filters for my accu-jet® pro?
Replacement 0.2µm non-sterile membrane filters are available in a pack of 10 as catalog number 26535. Sterile 0.2µm membrane filters are available in individual blister packs as catalog number 26530.
Are the membrane filters autoclavable?
Yes. The membrane filters are autoclavable at 121°C, up to 5 times.
Why would I use a 3µm membrane filter instead of the 0.2µm filter that was provided with the accu-jet® pro?
IF you are using Class A glassware AND you want to obtain the proper drain times, you need to use a 3µm membrane filter AND the gravity dispense mode.
Limitations of Use
This instrument is designed for pipetting liquids, observing the following physical limits:
- Use between +10°C and +40°C (50°F and 104°F) of instrument and reagent
- Density up to 9.0 g/cm³
- Vapor pressure up to 500 mbar; Aspirate slowly above 300 mbar, in order to prevent the liquid from boiling
- Use with graduated and volumetric pipettes of glass or plastic in the volume range of 0.1mL to 200mL with a sucton tube outer diameter <9.2mm
Never use this instrument with:
- Highly flammable liquids (e.g., ether, acetone and other liquids with a flash point below 0°C)
- Liquids whose vapors have a corrosive effect or attack the materials silicone or EPDM
- This instrument is NOT designed for Pasteur pipettes
Manuals & SOPs
Available parts and accessories for the accu-jet® pro include:
- Membrane filters: 0.2µm membrane filters are available non-sterile or in sterile blister packs.
- Wall support: Saves bench space and securely stores instrument.
- NiMH Replacement batteries